Q: What services do you offer?
Facials, Peels, Body Treatments and Waxing Treatments
Q: Where are you from?
Rhode Island - I absolutely love New England and its ever changing seasons that are all so beautiful
Q: Tell us about your family
I'm a mother of a beautiful, energetic, caring little girl who is my world
Q: When and why did you start working at Citron Spa?
I started working at Citron the end of March 2016 and absolutely love it. The website drew me in at first and after having a tour and meeting with Christina I knew I would love working here. The facility is clean, organized, has result oriented skin care products and a calming aroma as soon as you walk in.
Q: What are you favorite Providence restaurants?
Really just any type of Italian or Middle Eastern Restaurants
Q: What are some of your hobbies?
I usually spend my time being outside on adventures with my daughter and just enjoying nature. I love planning parties and fun art projects.
I love to learn new things about myself and life every day.
Did you know?
Today's tradition of implementing Hot Stones into a massage originally began by Native Americans who used specific techniques with the stones in order to treat aching muscles and pains. This Hot Stone Massage that we offer today has been artfully mastered to duplicate the original experience.
Unsure about what to expect? Here are some relaxing details:
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy promotes deep muscle relaxation, while alleviating stress, pain and releasing toxins from the body.
- Man-Made Basalt Stones are used; they are made specifically to be smooth on the skin and able to retain heat.
- A Hot Stone Massage is ideal for any person who has found themselves to be suffering from muscular, joint and back pain.
- Using Hot Stones during a massage greatly helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
- The massage therapist will often use the Hot Stones as extensions of their own hands. They will also be placed on direct areas that you may be experiencing the most tension or pain. The warmed stones will lie comfortably and strategically on the skin for some time and removed once they are cooled.
And Remember... I'm always available to answer any questions you may have.
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
| Who should book a Green Science Facial? |
Anyone who is concerned with aging skin is an ideal candidate for the Green Science Facial. Aveda's signature line uses high the, botanically-derived ingredients that are clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
| How many times would I need a Green Science Facial? |
The Green Science Treatment is customized to focus on areas that need the most attention. In order for the best and most transformative results, we recommend a series of four weekly treatments, followed by monthly maintenance facials in order to preserve your skin improvements.
Whether you are looking to combat current signs of aging, or simply looking to maintain your youthful appearance, it is always beneficial to schedule facial appointments each month.
| Can I get the same results from home? |
Our highly trained estheticians will perform Aveda's unique 5-phase massage treatment that combines a multi-layered approach with several different types of techniques resulting in a firmer, more youthful complexion and appearance.
We also recommend purchasing your own products to use throughout the week, as you will experience the best results when the Green Science products are incorporated into your daily skin regimen.
| What can I expect from a Green Science Facial? |
You will walk out of the door guaranteed to have your skin looking and feeling great. The Green Science line caters specifically to aged skin, meaning it is hydrating, deeply cleansing and made with all naturally derived ingredients.
Within four weeks, skin looks noticeably firmer, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are diminished and skin looks lifted for more resilient, younger-looking skin.
If you have any more questions concerning our Green Science Facial, please don't hesitate to call us at 401-861-0908.
Lavender has many positive effects on the body... Here's a list of just some of it's amazing qualities:
- 1- CALMING - Lavender has a delightful aroma that we all know and love, and rightfully so because it's calming qualities are actually known for treating headaches, anxiety, depression and emotional stress.
- 2 - PEACEFUL NIGHT'S SLEEP - Lavender is ideal for those having trouble falling or staying asleep & actually improves the length and quality of one's sleep cycle!
-3 - HEALING - This beautiful plant contains powerful antiseptic properties and increases cell growth while aiding in scar tissue formation. It is able to heal wounds, cuts, burns and even sunburns rapidly!
- 4 - DIGESTION - Lavender soothes the lining of the digestive tract and increases mobility of the intestines.
- 5 - SKIN - Just like it can be used for scrapes and wounds, lavender can also be used to treat skin disorder such as acne, burns, dry skin, and eczema, it's even an anti-fungal
- 6 - PAIN RELIEF - Lavender provides relief from joint pain, sprains, and sore and tense muscles.
| All things Cucumber |
For the month of August we're going extra green! The health and beauty benefits of cucumbers truly are endless. We love them so much, we've decided to devote a whole month to them! From now until September we will be introducing a variety of signature Cucumber services.
Did you know that drinking cucumber water helps to clear skin, and assists in hair growth & shine? Not only does it benefit you on the outside, it also promotes healthy digestion and weight loss! Implementing this magical vegetable into your face & skin regimen actually decreases wrinkles and gives you tighter, younger looking skin.
Our highly acclaimed estheticians have whipped up a signature scrub, lotion and mask for each service to share our love for cucumbers (and their benefits) with you!
Here's a quick glimpse at what we have to offer:
Cucumber Mint Mani-Pedi
Ahhh...cooling, refreshing and perfectly polished hands and toes to boot.
Cucumber Body Treatment
A deep cleansing exfoliating scrub on the back and feet followed by a light massage with our home-made sweet cucumber lotion.
Cooling Cucumber Facial
Sit back and relax with cooled cucumbers over your eyes and a deep cleansing mask for a brightened complexion, all the while having an exquisitely relaxing hand and foot massage.
The months are flying by, be sure to book your special Cucumber service today!
Come in and indulge with your choice of any two services, for a set price of $136!
In Summer especially, we all love to have our hands and toes perfectly prepped and ready to be seen.
Here is our own list of 5 easy tips you can do at home to ensure that your mani-pedi will last between your visits to the Spa...
1) Put a dab of Vaseline on each nail every night before going to bed in order to keep your cuticles hydrated. This will make a noticeable difference on your manicure, while also helping your nails to grow strong!
2) Always use rubber gloves when cleaning around your house. Even when doing to the dishes! They will help a great deal in the overall protection of your nails as well as the polish.
3) Be sure to pat your hands and feel down thoroughly after taking a shower or going in the pool. It's especially important to get between those toes in order to prevent fungal infection.
4) If filing your own nails, a clean metal file is best for personal use. Also, be sure to only file in one direction.
5) And last but not least, always moisturize! One of the best things about a Spa Mani-Pedi is the quality of the lotion used on both the hands and feet. Be sure to purchase your own to bring home with you and use throughout the day!
Though we all may love and adore the morning and afternoon pick-me-up of a delicious cup of coffee, there are many things you can do and add to your daily routine in order to boost your bodies' natural energy levels.
1. Say NO to the Snooze Button. Sleeping the extra five minutes in the morning can actually cause you to feel more exhausted and groggy. It's better to force yourself into waking up and getting right out of bed, no matter how difficult it may seem some days.
2. HYDRATE! Especially first thing in the morning, drinking some water is the best thing you can do to wake your system and get you ready and energized for the day. The benefits of drinking the required amount of water (8 cups a day) are endless! From losing weight to getting rid of headaches, water truly is the best medicine.
3. Caffeinate Wisely. Although a cup of coffee will help in boosting your alertness, be careful to not make a habit of it. The long term effects of too much caffeine takes quite a toll on the body.
4. Set a Schedule. Just as you would set your morning alarm, create one for getting to bed, or at least for beginning your nightly routine. Getting to sleep at the same time each night actually helps you feel much more alert and awake in the morning.
5. Reach for a POWER SNACK. Foods like berries, apples, and mixed nuts are low in sugar and high in protein and actually make you feel much more energized.
6. Have a cup of tea. A recent study shows that a cup of black tea actually aids in reducing daily stress. This will allow you to focus more on the task at hand rather on the worries that so often drag us down throughout the day.
7. Take a walk. Especially if your job consists of sitting at a computer desk inside all day, with little sunlight. There is nothing better than taking your lunch break outside and enjoying some sunlight and fresh air. The change of scenery mixed with getting your blood flowing will do wonders to your mood.
8. Skip the night cap. Having a nice glass of wine in order to "unwind" after a long day may seem like a good idea, but it can actually greatly disrupt your sleep cycle and leave you feeling more exhausted in the morning.
A Jessner Peel is an effective, versatile treatment that is designed to create a dramatic change to the look and feel of your skin.
Composed of multiple peeling agents, the Jessner Peel is able to penetrate deeply into the skins' surface for a result-oriented exfoliation.
It is formulated to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, sun damage and acne. The Jessner peel is also recommended for dull skin, fine lines, uneven skin tone and superficial scar tissue.
| Four Reasons to try a Jessner Peel |
Considering booking a Jessner Peel? Feel free to call us with any of questions you may have! (401) 861-0908