As we all know, the human body is pretty amazing! So, why wouldn’t we want to actively engage in helping to achieve younger, more youthful skin?
A good skin regime is very important, not just an at-home regime, but also receiving regular professional skin care treatments, by a Medical Spa practitioner. One of the best “under the radar” treatments is microneedling. An all-natural approach to collagen and elastic production.
We have all seen the “at-home rollers” that claim to help the production of collagen. Although, with most “at-home skincare modilities”, it can be difficult to achieve the most optimal results. That’s why we encourage everyone to find a knowledgeable Medical Esthetician, to help with achieving their skincare goals.
Our Medical Estheticians have found that microneedling, is the quickest and most effective way to achieve healthy glowing skin. But what is microneedling exactly and why it’s so effective? Our estheticians use a pen like wand containing fine needles, this will create an “injury” to the skin. Meaning, these tiny needles are actually poking the skin’s surface. This sends a signal to the brain that you’ve been injured and your body has to quickly start repairing itself.
So how does the body repair these “injuries”? While by producing more collagen and elastins, the tiny little molecules raise to the surface and fill in where the injury has taken place. In effect giving us firmer, glowing, more even toned skin. It will also help fill in those prisky fine lines and wrinkles (this is probably the best way to help with any anti-aging regime). As an extra bonus, micro needling also improves the appearance of scarring (i.e. surgical or acneic). This procedure is the same, except now it’s breaking down old damaged tissue, and triggering new collagen to that specific area.
Now giving all of these benefits we encourage all of guests to receive your microneedling treatment by a Medical Esthetican. This will ensure you achieve the most optimal results in a safe sanitary environment.
Lastly, another benefit is there is little to no down time required! There are no major side effects and the results are noticeable within a couple of days. You could even have microneedling on your lunch hour and no one would notice, except maybe that you’re glowing! Quick, easy and ALL-NATURAL!
CONGRATULATIONS! You’re engaged! It’s truly one of the most special days of your life, euphoria being able to marry your best friend.
You have always dreamt of your Big Day being magical, but the most magical of all is YOU. You are in the spotlight, surrounded by so much love. To say you want to look your best is an understatement. First on the list, you want flawless, radiant skin! Now you might be thinking, “I don’t have the best skincare routine, and a facial might be good before the wedding."
Don’t worry about a thing, we have you covered!
We receive many inquiries from brides-to -be about facials and why they should have them before the Big Day. Our esthetcians’ biggest concern is if you currently have a skincare routine and if you have had a facial. These are crucial to giving you the glowing, even skin tone, you’re looking for.
Here is your guide to GLOW, let’s start from the beginning…
1. Make an appointment with one of our Estheticians. We recommend a 60 minute facial to start; if you’ve never had one before or if it’s been a little while since your last facial. This will give you and the Esthetican a chance to meet and discuss your skincare goals. Together you will create a customized treatment plan. Adding to your already existing treatment plan? Not a problem! You can schedule your regular appointment and be sure to let us know that your wedding is approaching. We’ll be able to tweek your treatment plan to suit your needs. We also have the option of incorporating one of our most result driven treatments into your skin care plan such as a Vampire Facial or Botox with Dr. Larry and a VI peel or Microneedling with one of our medical estheticians.
2. Meet with our Spa Receptionists to reserve your next appointments. Consider any further appointments you may need leading up to your big day, such as facials and waxing. It’s recommended to start your treatment plan at least one year in advance. If you are running a bit behind, no worries! We can certainly tailor your treatments to your current timeline. We also recommend reserving your appointment with the same Esthetican for each facial. She will develop a thorough understanding of your skin and the goals you are trying to achieve together. When reserving your appointments be sure to ask the Spa Receptionists about our memberships. We offer regular treatment plans with great benefits.
3. Last but not least, most importantly, it is imperative to have the proper home care regime. Seventy five percent of your results will be achieved at home. Using professional products, recommended by your skincare professional is critical to achieving your skin care goals. Your Esthetician will recommend the correct products for you to use on a daily basis.
We are always here to guide you in your skincare journey. Ask us anything! It’s our pleasure to be a part of your extra special day.
A: It’s incredibly easy, because we give you a number of convenient ways to do so. Of course, you can always call us for availability (401.861.0908). Or you can visit our website (www.spacitron.com/book-an-appointment) to reserve a reservation(s) in real time. Also, you have the option of downloading MindBody to your phone; you’ll be able to see our schedule right away and reserve your appointment(s).
A: As much as we would like to accommodate everyone looking for reservations, we have limited availability the day of, if you are hoping to reserve that same day. So we ask that each of our guests reserve a specific time to meet their schedule and needs. This allows us to give you the undivided attention you need, and full Citron experience.
A: Of course we do! Life happens and sometimes people aren’t able to make their reservations. Always ask to be put on our cancellation list, if you are looking for a particular day and time. This way if someone does cancel we will call you. Most times we know well in advance. Also, by joining our email list, you will receive periodic last minute availability due to cancellations.
A: We recommend at least two weeks in advance to reserve any appointments. If you are looking for a specific technician, day and/or time, we recommend at least 4 weeks. When reserving Spa Parties and Spa Packages, please allow a minimum of 4-6 weeks for larger reservations.
Q: Why host a Botox party?
A: Because everything is better with friends! You’ll be able to unwind and enjoy a mimosa while chit chatting with friends. Plus who doesn’t like a small soiree of girl time when bubbly is involved. Your group will also receive a special discounted group rate.
Q: How many guests?
A: We can accommodate between 5-10 guests.
Q: What is the cost to reserve my party?
A: Please contact our Event’s Coordinator, so she may customize your party to exactly what you and your guests are looking for you. She will provide you with all pricing and details. Group rates are available, your party must be a minimum of 5 guests. There is a minimum of 5 guests to receive the group rate.
Q: What services can you receive at a Botox party?
A: You and your guests may receive: Botox, Fillers and VI Peel.
For all other Medi Spa Services we encourage you to have a conversation with Dr. Larry or Dee about the benefits and when they recommend reserving your future appointment(s).
Q: Who administers the treatments?
A: Dr. Larry Theisen and Dee Lynch, NP will administrator all injectables. Our Estheticans will perform your VI Peel.
Q: Can you bring food and drinks?
A: We do offer complimentary mimosas, white & red wine, and Champagne (we do limited guests to a TWO drink maximum). We can arrange for catering if you would like from our local café, L’Artisan. Although, you are more than welcome to bring your own food and beverages. We do ask that you arrange for your guests to have a designated driver or arrange for an Uber
You have probably heard the wonderful news that Citron will be releasing an ALL NEW Medi Spa Menu this coming month. We have so many exciting new " Modern Science" treatments to share with you! First up and now available:
Q: What is the NEW VI Peel?
A: The VI Peel is a medical grade peel that contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for a variety of skin types. This peel improves tone, texture and clarity of the skin. It reduces or eliminates age spots, addresses hyperpigmentation and softens fine lines and wrinkles.
Q: Is there any skin preparation before this peel?
A: No,there is no preparation needed. Due to the unique synergy of acids in these peels, the nucleus of the skin cell is repaired from the inside out.
Q: Is the VI Peel Painful?
A: There is a slight tingling sensation that quickly dissipates due to the numbing agent that is present in the VI Peel.
Q: Is there any down time after receiving the VI Peel?
A: There is minimal downtime in as little as 7 days.
Q: How do I care for my skin after receiving a VI Peel?
A: A Post Treatment Kit is provided for each guest that includes the patient instructions, the VI Derm SPF 50+, VI Derm Cleanser and Post Peel Protectant to ensure patient comfort during the peeling process.
Q: Does a doctor oversee the treatment?
A: A nurse or medical esthetician will perform your VI Peel under the medical direction of a doctor at Citron Spa.
Q: Who is a good candidate for the VI Peel?
Did you know?
Today's tradition of implementing Hot Stones into a massage originally began by Native Americans who used specific techniques with the stones in order to treat aching muscles and pains. This Hot Stone Massage that we offer today has been artfully mastered to duplicate the original experience.
Unsure about what to expect? Here are some relaxing details:
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy promotes deep muscle relaxation, while alleviating stress, pain and releasing toxins from the body.
- Man-Made Basalt Stones are used; they are made specifically to be smooth on the skin and able to retain heat.
- A Hot Stone Massage is ideal for any person who has found themselves to be suffering from muscular, joint and back pain.
- Using Hot Stones during a massage greatly helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
- The massage therapist will often use the Hot Stones as extensions of their own hands. They will also be placed on direct areas that you may be experiencing the most tension or pain. The warmed stones will lie comfortably and strategically on the skin for some time and removed once they are cooled.
And Remember... I'm always available to answer any questions you may have.
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
| Who should book a Green Science Facial? |
Anyone who is concerned with aging skin is an ideal candidate for the Green Science Facial. Aveda's signature line uses high the, botanically-derived ingredients that are clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
| How many times would I need a Green Science Facial? |
The Green Science Treatment is customized to focus on areas that need the most attention. In order for the best and most transformative results, we recommend a series of four weekly treatments, followed by monthly maintenance facials in order to preserve your skin improvements.
Whether you are looking to combat current signs of aging, or simply looking to maintain your youthful appearance, it is always beneficial to schedule facial appointments each month.
| Can I get the same results from home? |
Our highly trained estheticians will perform Aveda's unique 5-phase massage treatment that combines a multi-layered approach with several different types of techniques resulting in a firmer, more youthful complexion and appearance.
We also recommend purchasing your own products to use throughout the week, as you will experience the best results when the Green Science products are incorporated into your daily skin regimen.
| What can I expect from a Green Science Facial? |
You will walk out of the door guaranteed to have your skin looking and feeling great. The Green Science line caters specifically to aged skin, meaning it is hydrating, deeply cleansing and made with all naturally derived ingredients.
Within four weeks, skin looks noticeably firmer, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are diminished and skin looks lifted for more resilient, younger-looking skin.
If you have any more questions concerning our Green Science Facial, please don't hesitate to call us at 401-861-0908.
Lavender has many positive effects on the body... Here's a list of just some of it's amazing qualities:
- 1- CALMING - Lavender has a delightful aroma that we all know and love, and rightfully so because it's calming qualities are actually known for treating headaches, anxiety, depression and emotional stress.
- 2 - PEACEFUL NIGHT'S SLEEP - Lavender is ideal for those having trouble falling or staying asleep & actually improves the length and quality of one's sleep cycle!
-3 - HEALING - This beautiful plant contains powerful antiseptic properties and increases cell growth while aiding in scar tissue formation. It is able to heal wounds, cuts, burns and even sunburns rapidly!
- 4 - DIGESTION - Lavender soothes the lining of the digestive tract and increases mobility of the intestines.
- 5 - SKIN - Just like it can be used for scrapes and wounds, lavender can also be used to treat skin disorder such as acne, burns, dry skin, and eczema, it's even an anti-fungal
- 6 - PAIN RELIEF - Lavender provides relief from joint pain, sprains, and sore and tense muscles.
| All things Cucumber |
For the month of August we're going extra green! The health and beauty benefits of cucumbers truly are endless. We love them so much, we've decided to devote a whole month to them! From now until September we will be introducing a variety of signature Cucumber services.
Did you know that drinking cucumber water helps to clear skin, and assists in hair growth & shine? Not only does it benefit you on the outside, it also promotes healthy digestion and weight loss! Implementing this magical vegetable into your face & skin regimen actually decreases wrinkles and gives you tighter, younger looking skin.
Our highly acclaimed estheticians have whipped up a signature scrub, lotion and mask for each service to share our love for cucumbers (and their benefits) with you!
Here's a quick glimpse at what we have to offer:
Cucumber Mint Mani-Pedi
Ahhh...cooling, refreshing and perfectly polished hands and toes to boot.
Cucumber Body Treatment
A deep cleansing exfoliating scrub on the back and feet followed by a light massage with our home-made sweet cucumber lotion.
Cooling Cucumber Facial
Sit back and relax with cooled cucumbers over your eyes and a deep cleansing mask for a brightened complexion, all the while having an exquisitely relaxing hand and foot massage.
The months are flying by, be sure to book your special Cucumber service today!
Come in and indulge with your choice of any two services, for a set price of $136!
In Summer especially, we all love to have our hands and toes perfectly prepped and ready to be seen.
Here is our own list of 5 easy tips you can do at home to ensure that your mani-pedi will last between your visits to the Spa...
1) Put a dab of Vaseline on each nail every night before going to bed in order to keep your cuticles hydrated. This will make a noticeable difference on your manicure, while also helping your nails to grow strong!
2) Always use rubber gloves when cleaning around your house. Even when doing to the dishes! They will help a great deal in the overall protection of your nails as well as the polish.
3) Be sure to pat your hands and feel down thoroughly after taking a shower or going in the pool. It's especially important to get between those toes in order to prevent fungal infection.
4) If filing your own nails, a clean metal file is best for personal use. Also, be sure to only file in one direction.
5) And last but not least, always moisturize! One of the best things about a Spa Mani-Pedi is the quality of the lotion used on both the hands and feet. Be sure to purchase your own to bring home with you and use throughout the day!
Though we all may love and adore the morning and afternoon pick-me-up of a delicious cup of coffee, there are many things you can do and add to your daily routine in order to boost your bodies' natural energy levels.
1. Say NO to the Snooze Button. Sleeping the extra five minutes in the morning can actually cause you to feel more exhausted and groggy. It's better to force yourself into waking up and getting right out of bed, no matter how difficult it may seem some days.
2. HYDRATE! Especially first thing in the morning, drinking some water is the best thing you can do to wake your system and get you ready and energized for the day. The benefits of drinking the required amount of water (8 cups a day) are endless! From losing weight to getting rid of headaches, water truly is the best medicine.
3. Caffeinate Wisely. Although a cup of coffee will help in boosting your alertness, be careful to not make a habit of it. The long term effects of too much caffeine takes quite a toll on the body.
4. Set a Schedule. Just as you would set your morning alarm, create one for getting to bed, or at least for beginning your nightly routine. Getting to sleep at the same time each night actually helps you feel much more alert and awake in the morning.
5. Reach for a POWER SNACK. Foods like berries, apples, and mixed nuts are low in sugar and high in protein and actually make you feel much more energized.
6. Have a cup of tea. A recent study shows that a cup of black tea actually aids in reducing daily stress. This will allow you to focus more on the task at hand rather on the worries that so often drag us down throughout the day.
7. Take a walk. Especially if your job consists of sitting at a computer desk inside all day, with little sunlight. There is nothing better than taking your lunch break outside and enjoying some sunlight and fresh air. The change of scenery mixed with getting your blood flowing will do wonders to your mood.
8. Skip the night cap. Having a nice glass of wine in order to "unwind" after a long day may seem like a good idea, but it can actually greatly disrupt your sleep cycle and leave you feeling more exhausted in the morning.
A Jessner Peel is an effective, versatile treatment that is designed to create a dramatic change to the look and feel of your skin.
Composed of multiple peeling agents, the Jessner Peel is able to penetrate deeply into the skins' surface for a result-oriented exfoliation.
It is formulated to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, sun damage and acne. The Jessner peel is also recommended for dull skin, fine lines, uneven skin tone and superficial scar tissue.
| Four Reasons to try a Jessner Peel |
Considering booking a Jessner Peel? Feel free to call us with any of questions you may have! (401) 861-0908