Massage therapy is one of the oldest and simplest forms of therapy. A combination of pressing, stroking, and kneading, together, create a non-invasive way to treat symptoms of many diseases, improving quality of life. Studies show that massage is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. Results illustrate that massage:
1. Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow, lymph being the fluid ciculating through the body that returns protein and excess interstitial fluid into circulation.
2. Improves flexibility.
3. Relieves migranes.
4. Increases blood circulation and lowers blood pressure.
5. Breaks down lactic acid.
6. Can decrease stress hormones like Cortisol.
7. Increases white blood cells which boost the immune system.
8. Helps people spend more time in deep sleep.
9. Assists with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
Because Massage Therapy is proving to be more and more beneficial, some insurance providers are offering partial, if not full coverage of these services. Studies show that as little as 10 minutes of massage can peromote muscle recovery after excercise. It is recommended to recieve massage services at least once per month for at least 30 minutes to keep our bodies healthy. So go ahead, get a nice rub down!